Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy Humidity!

My husband went out of town for a fun weekend with some of his guy friends this past weekend. While he was away my daughter got sick, ran a fever, refused to sleep, and was extra clingy. Figures! So when my hubby returned and it came time for me to tackle W5D1 I was prepared with a whole new artillery of excuses. I informed my husband of the rough weekend that he missed out on and pretty much listed each and every reason why I was just too tired to jog. He totally understood. He seemed to be in agreement with me and backing my decision to just stay home and rest. I'm not exactly sure why, but for some reason I decided to overcome my exhaustion and put my running shoes on. At 5:30pm I headed out the door into the ridiculous heat and humidity of the evening.

The first 5 minute interval was surprisingly easy. I was expecting it to be miserable and figured I'd never get through it, but quite the opposite. I actually felt pretty good and like I could have kept going. I didn't though. I listened to the prompts and walked as instructed. The next two jogs were each slightly harder than each one before it, but overall it wasn't so bad. I totally impressed myself and finished the run in pretty good shape. Go me!!

W5D1 down. Only a few more to go and week 5 will be in the dust! I'm going to do D2 tomorrow morning before work. Then I think I'll either repeat D1 or D2 on Wednesday morning (just depending how I feel) and move on to the big 2o minute run from D3 on Saturday after I've had 2 days to rest. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!! Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment