Friday, May 21, 2010

Week 4 Down

I got up early again this morning for my fourth and final week 4 run. I did it! Week 4 is behind me. Again, the hardest part was physically getting out of bed. Once I was out the door I was set. The first 3 minute jog-no problem. The first 5minute jog-not too bad. The recovery after the 5 minutes didn't seem quite long enough, but I didn't skip a beat when the lady on my podcast told me it was time to pick the pace back up again for another 3 minutes. It wasn't super easy, but I managed. The final 5 minute jog-not too shabby. I knew I was almost done, so that kept me moving. I refused to let myself walk. It was only 5 minutes, I could do it. And guess what? I DID IT!

I've looked ahead and I'm fully aware of what's in store for me on week 5 and I'm a bit less than enthusiastic. I know that I can do it though. And if I don't? No biggie! There's always another day. It's not like the program has to be completed in a certain time frame. I'm doing this my own way and on my own timetable. (Note that I'm not only informing you, but also working to convince myself here.) So either way, wish me luck on my first attempt at a week 5 run.

As of now I plan to tackle W5D1 on Sunday. I'm giving myself a much deserved rest day. So it's off to bed for now to get the resting underway!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I am also intimidated by what is to come, but if others can do it, so can we. I'll look forward to seeing how your progress continues along. Great job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa! The boost of confidence is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete