Thursday, May 20, 2010

Up to Speed

Let me bring you up to speed on how I'm approaching this whole running thing and the Couch to 5K. As I've said several times now, I'm "loosely" following the C25K program and progressing at my own pace. I started on May 9th with week3 (Yes, I did say week 3). I did that same run again on the 10th, 12th, and 13th. Then on Saturday the 15th I walked/jogged to my own music without a podcast or watching the clock.

This week I decided to move on to week 4 and have completed it on the 16th, 18th, and again today with plans to do it again at least one more time this week. Hopefully by Sunday I'll be feeling well enough and confident in myself to move on to week 5. But we'll see how the rest of the week plays out.

That's been it up to this point. My work schedule is all over the place for the month of May so I haven't made a real schedule. I know that that's something I need to do in order to continue on this path. Otherwise I can see myself falling into my usual routine of putting things off for the perpetual tomorrow. So later today I plan to do just that. I think maybe I need to put it on the calendar so I have a visual and know what to expect each day and can check it off as I go (I love being able to check things off!).

As for additional types of workouts (ie-weight training, swimming, etc.) well, they're not in the plans for now. I'm totally focused on running. It's not to say that I won't do the occasional ab video with my husband (he's on his second round of P90X), but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself and end up stressing over it or giving up altogether (speaking from past experience here).

I'll keep you posted on my progress and my plans. For now, happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment