Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Repeater

There's something so refreshing about an early morning run when it's cool outside. Today it was somewhere in the mid 60's and it was wonderful. The 60's are probably my favorite temps for exercising outside. I'm dreading the day when it's in the upper 70's and 80's when I wake up. Blah! Unfortunately, I know that it's coming all too soon. As for now I won't dwell on that, I'll just enjoy this lovely weather while it lasts!

This morning I started the 5 minute warm-up walk still not knowing whether I was going to repeat the three 5 minute jogs or if I was going to push it and go for the two 8 minute jogs. It wasn't until Carli (from the www.runningintoshape.com podcasts--by the way, I love these!) came on my i-pod and said that it was time for the D1 folks to slow down for the 3 minute recovery, that I finally decided to go for the 8 minute intervals. My body felt decent and my head wasn't nearly as heavy as it was yesterday so I decided to just go for it. I figured that it would be good practice before my 20 minute monster on Saturday. And you know what? I did it, no sweat (well, maybe a little sweat, but no hardships)!

Now I get to rest for 2 whole days before (dum-dum-dum) a full 20 minutes without stopping. Who am I kidding? I may not be running, but I certainly won't be resting. I'll be working for the next two days (10 hours each), plus taking care of the children, keeping up with the household chores, and nursing a sick hubby. Life continues outside of my new little world of jogging...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Hopefully I'll be back on Saturday to let you know how awesome I was and how great I felt. If you don't hear from me by Monday, please send someone out to find me! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment