Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Feeling Guilty

I didn't go for my scheduled run today and I'm feeling a bit guilty. Is that some sort of a sign that I may actually be on my way to becoming a real runner? I sure hope so! I never thought I'd feel bad about missing a run or admit that I wished I had not taken the time for a few extra winks. Sleep has always been at the top of my list and now I'm actually wishing that I had not stayed in bed. Can you believe that?!? What a transformation, folks!

Here's what happened:
I didn't set my alarm last night because I was super tired and have been stressed with some things about my job. I figured that if my daughter woke up early I'd just get up and take off (and if you've read any of my prior posts you'll remember that she seems to be getting up earlier every day). I heard her around 6:15am and thought that I'd just lie there a few more minutes until she really meant business (aka-got loud). But apparently that took longer than I thought. She and I had both fallen back to sleep and the next time I woke up it was 6:45am! It was already too late for me to have enough time to get my run in and to get myself and the little ones ready to leave on time. I know that I needed the sleep, but I also I feel like I really missed out on some stress relieving, sanity saving time too.

To add to it, when I dropped the kids off to my sister this morning she told me that she had gone for a run earlier this morning...ugh! The guilt multiplies (haha!). You know what though? I felt something else I hadn't felt in quite a while--a bit of a competitive spirit! Woo hoo!!! The old me is slowly returning! I couldn't be happier! Thanks, C25K. And thank you to those of you who read my ramblings and help encourage and motivate me to continue! I hope that by writing this blog I can do the same for you.

With that being said, I will be sure to get up on time tomorrow so I can get my run in!

Happy running!

2 comments:

  1. Every so often we all need a sleep in and change plans day. Just make sure you get up tomorrow morning. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli. My alarm is set, my clothes are out and ready, and I've made up my mind that there are no excuses. I WILL BE RUNNING TOMORROW MORNING!!

    ReplyDelete