Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Swimming

My heel is feeling quite a bit better but it's not 100% yet so I'm still not running (boo!). I don't want to jump back into running too early and risk further injury and delay my healing, so I'm trying to be patient (this is not one of my strong suits).

On a happier note, I have been swimming instead. I've always liked to swim, but when compared to running it's so much easier to roll out of bed, slap on a pair of running shoes and take off. When I want to swim I have to put on the dreaded bathing suit, drive to the pool (I know I shouldn't complain, it's only 3 mins. from my house), fish out all of the critters that don't need to be swimming with me, and hop in. Then when I'm done I have to dry off, collect all of my stuff, and drive back home. It's definitely more time consuming and more of a hassel, but let me tell you, it's a kick-butt work-out! Now that part I like! In 30 minutes I feel like I'm getting a total body workout. When I'm done, I feel exhausted yet invigorated (if that's even possible).

I've pretty much decided that I will continue to swim even after my heel is pain free and I'm running again. It's just that good, folks! For the most part I'm swimming the majority of my laps free-style. I also have a kick board. When I get out of breath I kick a few laps to recover. So far I haven't broken out the aqua jogger. I think I'll do it this weekend when I'm not on such a tight schedule and will have a little more time to experiment. I'll let you know how it goes.

I sure hope you all are doing well and making good progress. I've been really busy lately and am behind on reading, but promise to catch up later today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how you all are doing and feeling.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment