Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You Did What?... Seriously?

Yep, seriously. I got up as promised this morning and did my W7D2 run+. What's the "+" for? Well, I did the 25 minutes of running that was scheduled plus I continued to jog through the five minute cool down! I know, crazy. Right?!? I'm shocked and amazed too.

My alarm rang as usual. I laid in bed for another two or three minutes trying to wake up some more. Then I got up and got ready. Over the last few runs I have changed my routine a little bit. Instead of drinking some water while I get ready I've switched to juice. This morning it was raspberry/cranberry. Yum! I don't know if it's just a mental thing or if it really makes a difference, but I seem to feel better with a few calories on board while I'm out there.

I hadn't planned on running the extra time this morning, but at the end of the run Cari comes on to give you a one minute warning and to encourage you to "push it" through the last little bit. I didn't sprint or anything but I definitely widened my stride and picked up the pace a little. Once the minute was over I didn't feel like I should just slow immediately to a walk, so I dropped back to my original pace. After a few minutes I slowed a bit more, but continued to jog. Before I knew it the cool down phase was over! I had just completed 30 minutes of jogging without walking a single step! This is big stuff people. I haven't done that in years!

If I can do this I know that you all can too! Keep up the good/hard work. Happy running!!

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Awesome! I look forward to that day. Almost done with Week 4! Big W5D3 is coming up. And I'm excited and terrified. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kelli-You'll be there before you know it! I was scared/intimidated/excited about it too. No worries though. This is exactly what you've been training for. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is completely awesome! I am excited for you!
    I completed w3d2 today, and wanted to do another three minute run at the end because my favorite song came on, but since the app had ended, the "shake to shuffle" feature took my favorite song away, and thus my motivation to go above and beyond. LOL. It was just as well since I had to hurry home in time for my husband to leave for work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meredith-Haha! That stinks that you're song went away, but isn't it nice just knowing that you had more in you?! You totally could have done more, therefore you're rocking the C25K!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I just finished W7D2 tonight, and it was my best run yet. I feel great, and I could've kept going! I didn't because it was so dark I could barely see where I was running, but the point is that I could have if I wanted to! I am just utterly amazed by this program!! I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me talk about it, but I can't help it! 7 weeks ago I couldn't run...now I'm running 25 minutes?!? It's almost absurd! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Erin-That's GREAT!! This was definitely my best run too. I felt sooo good, it was almost unreal. I'm right there with you, it's been years since I've been able to run like this. I'm still kind of in awe that I'm actually doing it and succeeding. Feel free to drop in any time. I love to talk about C25K and all things running!

    ReplyDelete